The European Science Fiction Society has gone through a generational shift at the Kiev Eurocon last weekend. It’s not always easy to find people to run organisations like this, and the same familiar faces have manned the posts of the organisation for quite a few years. So it’s probably a very good thing to get some fresh blood in the organisation, and this time there’s also a representative of Finland among the names.
The new board of ESFS is:
- Carolina Gómez Lagerlöf (Sweden), chair
- Saija Kyllönen (Finland), vice chair
- Vanja Kranjcevic (Croatia), treasurer
- Gareth Kavanaugh (Ireland), secretary
- Bridget Wilkinson (UK), award administrator
The new board has promised to streamline the workings of the organisation, especially the General Meetings of ESFS (hooray!), and to develop the website (a very good thing, since the current one seems to be down altogether). I wish the new board success in their endeavours!