- Risto Isomäki talks about his new book Litium 6 (Sat 10:30, Viinibaari)
- Esko Valtaoja tells how he became a writer (10:30, Tähtien Sali)
- Johanna Sinisalo discusses the new Moomin graphic novel Muumimamman vaarallinen nuoruus (“The dangerous youth of Moominmamma”) she has written (Sat 13:30, Viinibaari)
- Esko Valtaoja talks about his new book Ihmeitä – kävelyretkiä kaikkeuteen (“Miracles: a walking tour of everything”) (Sat 13:30, Tähtien Sali)
- Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen talks about his new short story collection Taivaalta pudonnut eläintarha (“The zoo that fell from the sky”) with his editor Kanerva Eskola (Sat 14:00, Viinibaari)
- Sari Peltoniemi discusses her latest YA book Suomu (“Scale”) (Sun 12:30, Lasten maailma)
Friday, February 15, 2008
Henki ja Elämä in Tampere
The Henki ja Elämä (“Life and spirit”) book festival takes place in Tampere this weekend. There will be a couple of sfnally interesting program items during the event:
The Finlandia Award nominees for this year have been announced, and there are a couple of familiar sfnal names in the mix. Magdalena Hai’s K...
Tukkateatteri in Tampere has produced a play of Karel Čapek’s R.U.R. The premiere was on April 21, and the performances continue until May ...
The shortlist for the Tähtivaeltaja Award has been announced . This year no less than four of the five nominees are Finnish — this is a fir...
As usual, there were a few awards given out at Finncon last weekend in Turku. Here's a rundown of the results. Atorox The Atorox Awa...