Tähtivaeltaja Award Nominees 2017
Helsinki Science Fiction Society has announced this year’s nominees for the Tähtivaeltaja Award for best science fiction book published in Finland last year. The winner will be announced in May.
The nominees are:
- Zoo City – Eläinten valtakunta (Zoo City) by Lauren Beukes (published by Aula & co.)
- Maailman lahjakkain tyttö (The Girl with All the Gifts) by M. R. Carey (Like)
- Näkymättömät planeetat (Invisible Planets: Collected Fiction) by Hannu Rajaniemi (Gummerus)
- Poseidonin lapset (Poseidon’s Wake) by Alastair Reynolds (Like)
- Sotapuiston perikato (CivilWarLand in Bad Decline) by George Saunders (Siltala)
The award jury consists of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Antti Oikarinen.