Tähtifantasia 2012 Shortlist
The shortlist for the Tähtifantasia Award has been announced. Nominated for the best fantasy book translated into Finnish last year are:
- Kultatukka, tähtönen by John Ajvide Lindqvist (Lilla stjärna, Gummerus)
- Pako helvetistä! by Hal Duncan (Escape From Hell!, Like)
- Toiset by China Miéville (The City and the City, Karisto)
- Kohtalon miekka by Andrzej Sapkowski (Miecz Przeznaczenia, WSOY)
- Tyttö joka muuttui lasiksi by Ali Shaw (The Girl With Glass Feet, Atena)
Notable about this year’s shortlist is that for the first time, one book (The City and the City) has been shortlisted for both the Tähtifantasia Award and it’s science fiction sister the Tähtivaeltaja Award.
The Tähtifantasia winner will be decided by the jury that is: critic Jukka Halme, critic Aleksi Kuutio, writer and editor Anne Leinonen, and Risingshadow.net representative Osmo Määttä. The winner will be announced at Finncon in July.