Some notes on Thursday:
- Catch of the day: Silverlock, by John Myers Myers. Found out there’s a shiny new hardback edition, but I’m perfectly happy with the paperback I found. It’s in good condition and was a much better deal.
- Best program item: I didn’t really get to many items. The opening ceremony had some funny bits. Fan room opening, in contrast, was a bit too insider-oriented for me (but I guess that was the purpose).
- Best missed program item: I heard many good things about Room 101 with the GoHs (which I tried to go to, but couldn’t get into the room because it was already full), so I think I’ll pick that one.
- Best party: Thursday’s parties seemed to be relatively quiet. I’m going with hanging in the bar lobby, smoking a couple of cigars with Jukka and chatting with friends.
- Somehow I forgot to eat anything on Thursday. Made up for it by drinking beer, but by the end of the day made a mental note to remember to eat every day from that point on…
Photos from Thursday include the opening ceremony,
the reception after, provided by the city of Glasgow (there was quite a lot of wine—maybe it could have qualified as a “best party” candidate),
a couple of Moat House pictures,
and a couple of shots from the parties.