Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sinisalo Interview

The Finnish sf site Risingshadow has published an interview with Johanna Sinisalo on their English site. Johanna talks about her Nebula nomination for Baby Doll:
It’s a tremendous honour, one of the top achievements of my whole life. When I was an aspiring writer and an active Worldcon-attending sf fan, I remember dreaming of a Nebula or Hugo nomination—but then I said to myself that it is futile to dream of something that far out and impossible…
Update 2009-04-26: There’s also a guest blog post by Johanna on the Nebula awards site.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jussi Vainikainen said...

I looked through Nebula nominee lists, and if I am not mistaken, the only authors from non-English speaking countries who have been nominated previously, were Italo Calvino and Jorge Luis Borges (both 1975).

Not a bad company for Johanna :-)

Since 1999 there has also been "Scripts" category in Nebula awards that has had names like M. Night Shyamalan, Hayao Miyazaki, Kuo Jung Tsai & Hui-Ling Wang and Guillermo del Toro, but I think movie scripts are not quite comparable to prose.

16 March, 2009 16:38  
Blogger Tero said...

Not bad indeed! Thanks for sharing the info!

16 March, 2009 16:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home